Welcome

Hello all who are interested in following Elder Mike Jones through his mission. I will be posting pictures, letters and thoughts on my missionary. A big thanks goes to The Donner family for all they have done.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sept 4 2010 to mom

Hey mom its me. My p-days are busier than my regular days so I am writing in the car on the way to one of my areas. So far I have had a car and have not been able to ride my bike and we have a lot of miles that we can do on the car so I don't think I will need my bike in this area. This area is kinda a mix between a big city and a small town in the woods. There are some areas that have a lot of houses but around here its a lot like spread out and woodsy. Some people talk a bit southern but not much. I have two wards here so I get dinner at someones house almost every night. There are a lot of cows too. The bishop owns some cows and pigs. Even though they live a farmers life their house is huge and nice and they are kinda rich. They always have a ton of milk too cause they have milking cows. In this area we drive over 50 miles a day cause there are no other missionaries in this area. There are only two or three companionships in the stake. Well I'm busy so I need to go.

Love, Elder Jones

ps. my companion is Elder Sorenson. He has been out for a little over a year.


I didn't get this sent off yet but it is raining super hard. I really really need the jacket so if you have it please hurry up and send it. And my first p-day came around and they wont give me money till the next p-day so I used all my money on food and bike equipment. Need a little bit more. SOON.

No comments:

Post a Comment